1. If you could suddenly speak one language fluently (that you don’t currently speak) what would it be?
2. If you were to suggest a foreign film, that you really enjoyed, what one would you suggest?
Como Agua para Chocolate. This film (Like Water for Chocolate) isn’t just one of the best films in the Spanish language, it is one of the best films ever made. Ever. Netflix it, and you will thank me. Don’t worry, it has subtitles. The story is so richly and beautifully told, you’ll not need them (the subtitles) in time.
3. If you had to call another country home (other than the one you currently live in) what one would you choose?
Mexico – the happiest place in the world for me
4. If you went out to buy an import music CD, what one would you buy?
import music… meaning… foreign language? I would have to pick up more Orishas discs. I have ‘A lo Cubano’ and it is amazing. Like a Wyclef Jean disc, this CD makes parties happen.
5. If you were to chose an ethnic dinner, what would it be?
Well, I might say Mexican. Growing up and living in the Southwest as I do, Mexican food is as indigenous to me as wonder bread and mayo. So, I would say middle eastern food… like gyros and falafel. Yummy. In fact, as you read this I am up at DU eating at Pita Jungle. The best gyros anywhere on the planet!