1. If you have a phobia (or something close to one), what is it?
well, this isn’t too cool. No great confessions here, being as though I am pretty terrific. I mean, I am not afraid off heights, cockroaches*, falling, or public speaking. That’s loser stuff. Ok, mostly, I am afraid of spiders.
2. How long have you had the phobia (or something close to it)?
spiders? Long time. growing up in Phoenix, they were everywhere. Black widows, too. A couple of things solidfied it. I had spiders nest in my van, babies… the whole thing. Webs from corner to corner. I had to bomb it. That means closing it up and shooting noxious chemicals inside of it and leaving it for hours to kill all living things inside. yucky.
then, I went to see Arachnophobia. I know, bad idea for a guy who fears spiders… but I am strong like that. Anyhow, when i came out I had spiders on my hood and my door. The one on the door was a widow, too. Then, I moved to Colorado… which has the brown recluse. Don’t even google that spider.
3. If you know anyone with a phobia (or something close to it), how does s/he act when s/he is experiencing it?
Dunno. Phobias are for pussies and failures. I am strong like iron, and so are my friends.
4. What is one phobia you would wish not to have?
ok, I’ll bite. I am gonna give you a real piece of me right now. I hate being a passenger in other people’s cars. I always feel unsafe. It isn’t I feel others are bad drivers, it is probably just a lack of control thing. That, and my father used to beat me with a car. Probably unrelated, though. Ok, the first part of this is totally true.
5. What is one phobia you wouldn’t mind having, if you were to face one?
that is a weird question, and frankly I don’t care for it.
* ok. last disclosure. I am totally afraid of cockroaches that can fly. Seriously, they exist and they are in your garage and that is fucked up, y’all. Regular cockroaches, though? No problemo.