1. what did you want to be when you grew up and why?
I don’t remember. I had a few goals, though. I remember when I was young… like single digits, I was bent not ever getting married or driving. Both seemed impossibly complicated and unnecessary.
2. who was your favorite person to do things with (excluding your parents)?
older brothers, of course.
3. did you love school or did you hate it? Why? Did that change as you got older?
as I kid? I didn’t hate it. I was indifferent. It’s like work. You gotta do what you gotta do, so make the best of it, eh? I should have applied myself more, that’s for sure.
4. was your family close? What were your favorite family traditions?
wonderful, perfect childhood. favorite traditions? shrimp cocktail on holiday eves. cooking as a family on thanksgiving, everyone pitching in. These are all good things.
5. did you think that being an adult would be cool?
not remotely, I thought it would suck ass. work, bills, just seemed stupid. Plus, they don’t get summers off. endless conversations about stuff like dishwashers and utility bills. when was the last time you saw a grown up jump dirt mounds on their bikes around the neighborhood. Old people were lame. don’t worry, I have changed my tune. I found the ultimate dirt bike for jumping stuff… pick up trucks!