The world around us:
1. What is the “wildest” wilderness you have ever been to?
Costa Rica – every day at dusk thousands of crabs would migrate from the mountains to the beach. These were not small crabs, either. It was cool, and largely creepy
2. Would you be considered an outdoorsman/woman?
Not really. I certainly was when I was younger. I admit it, though. I have grown soft as I have gotten older. I do dig camping, though. We go several times a year. Always by the campfire with an acoustic guitar and a beer. Life gets no better than that. As for creature comforts go, I shall quote my good friend Kris. “if the outdoors are so great, why did they invent the indoors?” That is some infallible logic.
3. Not counting domestic pets, what is your favorite animal?
Bears. I have been pretty obsessed with bears for a long time now. Somehow, I imagine they are this cuddly best friend. I have seen a bear in the wild, too. Twice. it was awesome, and a little scary the first time. He chased us, but we were in a car.
I seem to feel that if I had a pet bear we would be friends for life and he would know not to eat me and we would have a communication and a friendship. Also, he would attack my enemies. However, that didn’t quite work for Timothy Treadwell, now did it?
4. What is the best part of nature?
I addressed this above already. Are you even paying attention?
5. If you could pick any place on Earth for a visit, where would it be?
one great adventure I have not had yet is the bio-luminescent bays in Puerto Rico
tangent alarm >
* can we talk about something here? I need to talk about Chris Brown again. I wrote about him a few weeks ago, calling him the worst person alive. He is, but maybe not for what everyone thinks. That he beat his girlfriend isn’t really my business. That he has not seemed even a TINY bit contrite or regretful also isn’t my business. Nope. It’s the fucking tattoo. After he nearly killed her, and after he went to court and was found guilty, and after he pretended to be contrite, and after he took a year of anger management classes… he got a tattoo on his neck of his beaten girlfriend. This, and this alone, makes him the worst person alive.
One would imagine a truly remorseful person would consider the day he tried to kill his girlfriend as a low point in life. Not Brown. He celebrated it by getting a permanent tattoo of her beaten face on his neck. it isn’t just a beaten woman’s face. Look at the eyes on the tattoo. That is Rihanna.
Wanna hear something sicker? They are back together. How can she look at her beaten face tattooed on his neck (where it can never be concealed) and think “that’s my man”?