So, you have decided to visit Colorado? Good choice, ole chap. Here is a quick primer on the most frequent questions we get.
It is true pot is legal?
Totally legal, like… for anyone?
Do you sell it in grocery stores?
No, but close. Actually, it is MORE accessible than that. In Denver, there are more pot stores than Starbucks… and that tidbit comes from 60 minutes
- You will be issued a gun**, yes. This is still the West, man up!
- You will be issued a Dave Matthews CD (only if you are over 40. If you are under 40, it is still a Dave Matthews CD. Just… a different one)
- You will be issued a Subaru Outback.
- So.. I can just buy pot, then?
- Yeah, bags of it! It’s weird.
- **Your gun will be taken away >Jesus, man! You are going to kill somebody!
Are you all high all the time?
No. wait… yes. Hold on… what was the question again?
Is Denver really a Mile High?
Total marketing myth. We are actually only about 7 feet above sea level
Isn’t the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater there in Colorado?
Yes, but even better. It is just a few minutes outside of Denver… yet nestled into the foothills of the Rockies. How bad ass is that?
How, exactly, do you make your green chili stew?
Trick question! I just wanted to see if you would pause, and you did. Automatic fail!
I changed my mind. We don’t need you. If you are coming, though, I’ll give you one last tip… because I am Correct and all. Take the i-70 East on a Sunday afternoon. From noon to about 6 pm on any Sunday is the fastest and safest way to get across the state.