1. Could you live without your phone for 1 week for $500?
So, you want to take my blackberry? the email, the music player, the web and all that? I could totally do that for $500, but it would be super weird. I could even do it for half that. It wouldn’t be very nice, though.
2. Whom do you talk to on the phone the most?
the wife. that’s about it. I don’t like talking on the phone. Can’t stand it, actually.
3. Whom do you no longer talk to on the phone but wish you still did?
my dad, who passed away recently
4. If you could get a hold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want?
Giovanni Ribisi. He is a great actor, and only chooses super weird roles. So, what’s not to love? Well, he is a scientologist. Why would someone so talented go so crazy? I mean, he worships a secret volcano god? really? I mean… really? Here’s my digits, call me!
5. What do you see as the future of the phone?
Obviously, it is much more than a phone now. WAY more. I used to joke with my dad when he saw my PDA that you NEVER make a phone call with something so sophisticated. I see the (wireless) phone as being also a cable box and mass storage system. Think of it as a personal server. All your music and tv shows and stuff on your DVR and your movie collection… all will be accessible by your phone.
It will drive your entertainment system through a docking station, and so will act as your cable box. Mostly, though, we will just use it to look at nekkid girls on the internet.