Since so many folks have asked about these posts, and don’t want to read all my other garbage and blathering… I have created this. I will cross post all my Asia travel stories here. One stop shopping!
- Start here
- Drinking on the plane (a how to)
- Thai massage
- Why Bangkok smells like feet
- The fabled Red Light district of Bangkok
- Chinese People eat the weirdest shit, and other observations
- Buddhism> you’re doing it wrong
- Thai food, what is it like… really?
- So… I guess that is why they call them ‘ruins’
EUROPE ADDITIONS – May 2018 – coming very soon. In fact, I have 3 or 4 written. Just trying to remember how to post them here, and not have them stick to the front page. Where the hell is my web guy? Oh shit, it’s also me. Ok, let’s give it a try!
** as above, please read this first.
- Start here
- Vienna & Prague… THIS is how you renovate
- Czech Please!
- Chinese People are Horrible Tourists
- The Single Difference between America & Eastern Europe
Tales from Peru (Nov 2019)
many more coming soon. Check back, I will have a new one up every few daysHere is the deal, America. I wrote down all my genius story ideas in a little notebook that I carried with me everywhere. It’s missing. It’s not lost by any means, just somewhere in the horrible mess that is my office. Now, here is some top secret insight into the human condition of a creative writer. When I got back home to Colorado, and got some sleep, I looked over my creative bounty… ready to mine the gold. Most of it was shit ideas.
I should post a couple of the pages. It is stuff like:
- Chinese people mean and bossy, why?** (turned into a piece here)
- you call that food? (turned into a piece here)
- What’s that smell? (turned out be to drurian, I think that I covered that above)
- Thai winter (can shortcut this. Winter was 99 degrees, but only rained 70% of the time. seriously. In 99% degrees and 90% humidity, she was wearing jeans and a light sweater).
- strange outfits – I have no idea what this was about.
- America still good force in world *
* ok, that last one I am still trying to flesh out. I have written it a couple times and then just scrapped it. It’s about how America is still a powerful and benevolent force in the world. It touches on sweat shop labor and the president’s visit and other things. Likely, that will be my next piece. I still have Thailand with me. I have a string bracelet that a Buddhist monk gave me at a temple on my wrist. There were two, one fell off. It doesn’t tell you I am spiritual that I still have one on, it just tells you I don’t shower much. – June 2015
** this has been written, and will be up soon (June 2018)